Late Night Trams for New Year Celebrations
Revellers in Nottingham can be sure of a reliable lift home after seeing in the New Year thanks to extra tram services in the early hours of January 1.
For the first time, NET will be running trams every 30 minutes from Station Street to Hucknall between 12.30am and 2am. There’ll also be return trips from Hucknall to Nottingham at 12.22am, 12.52am and 1.22am. Download our timetable here
Jamie Swift, NET Marketing Manager, explained: “We’ll also be running a full weekday timetable until midnight to help people make the most of the city’s New Years Eve celebrations.
“What’s more there’ll be no late night premiums on fares and customers can even take advantage of our special offers, including Group Tickets.”
The late night trams are amongst the highlights of a festive timetable that also includes services on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
“By offering services on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day we’ll make it easier for shoppers to grab a bargain in the sales, as well as making life easier for retailers and other people who need to get to work during the holiday,” Jamie continued.
“On these days our Park and Ride sites will also be open as usual, so they do not have to worry about finding a parking space when the city is at its busiest.”
NET will operate the following timetable over the Christmas and New Year period:
- Tuesday, December 24: normal weekday service
- Wednesday, December 25: sorry, no service
- Thursday, December 26: Sunday service
- Friday, December 27: normal weekday service
- Saturday, December 28: normal Saturday service
- Sunday, December 29: normal Sunday service
- Monday, December 30: normal weekday service
- Tuesday, December 31: normal weekday service until midnight with extra trams until 2.00am.
- Wednesday, January 1: Sunday service
- Thursday, January 2: normal services resume.